Wednesday, June 6th is TIM HORTONS Camp Day. Buy a coffee, change a life.
Ashley from Rock Mornings will be at Tim’s on Main St W from 10-11a, and then will head to the Tim’s on Hilyard St till noon.
100 percent of the proceeds of hot coffee sales at participating restaurants across Canada are donated to the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation (THCF). The funds directly help youth from the low-income homes go on a life-changing experience at a Tim Horton camp.
The camp experience is designed to help kids unlock their hidden strengths, build self-worth and confidence, develop critical life skills, find their own success and thrive as contributing members of their communities.
Over the past 25 years, more than $175 million has been raised for the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation, sending more than 257,000 kids to camp.
For the third year, TIM HORTONS guests can also donate $2 and get a limited edition Camp Day bracelet at participating TIM HORTONS restaurants while supplies last.
Funds raised on Camp Day provide so much more than visits to camp. THCF programs are designed to help kids from low-income families think differently about themselves and their future opportunities.
About the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation:
1. In Canada, one in seven children live in poverty. Attending a THCF camp comes at absolutely no cost to kids or their families.
2. Youth from low income homes face additional obstacles when it comes to academic performance, relationship building and physical and emotional well-being. A THCF camp experience helps kids unlock their hidden strengths, develop critical life skills, find their own success and thrive as contributing members of their communities.
3. Today, there are seven camps across North America:
● Parry Sound, Ontario (opened in 1975)
● Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia (opened in 1988)
● Kananaskis, Alberta (opened in 1991)
● Quyon, Quebec (opened in 1994)
● Campbellsville, Kentucky (opened in 2001)
● St. George, Ontario (opened in 2002)
● Pinawa, Manitoba (opened in 2015)
4. THCF camps operate year-round, focused on delivering two signature programs designed based on decades of
experience and current best practices in the youth development field. The two types of programs include:
● Youth Leadership Program (Summer): A unique, 10-day camp experience for kids aged 12 – 16, which is designed with levels of programming designed to build up on the year before with increased level of challenge, additional leadership opportunities and targeted skills development
● Community Leaders Program (fall, winter, spring): Groups of students aged 11 – 13 come to camp for two separate, four-day overnight experiences during the school year. Between visits, each school group plans and executes a camper-led community service project which empower youth to identify a need in their school or community and create a tangible change, increasing their visibility as young leaders and making their schools and communities more positive places.
5. The Foundation was established in 1974 by Ron Joyce, co-founder of Tim Hortons, in honour of Tim Horton’s love for children and his desire to help those less fortunate.
6. The first camp in Parry Sound, ON, welcomed 200 campers when it opened in 1975.
How can Guests get involved?
1. On Camp Day, every donation counts. Your daily coffee purchase coffee on June 6th can help transform young people’s lives and brighten a kid’s future.
2. Donate $2, get a bracelet! For a limited time, you can also pick up one of four Camp Day bracelets for a $2 donation that also goes to support sending youth to camp. This donation is collected by the Restaurant on behalf of and as agent for Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
3. Guests can make a one-time or monthly donation online any time at timscampday.ca.
4. How to join Camp Day conversation
– Like THCF facebook.com/timhortonchildrensfoundation
– Follow THCF on Twitter @THCF1974
– Follow THCF on Instagram @THCF1974
– Subscribe to THCF on YouTube @youtube.com/THCF1974
– Like Tim Hortons facebook.com/TimHortons
– Follow Tim Hortons on Twitter @Tim Hortons
– Follow Tim Hortons on Instagram @TimHortons
– Subscribe to Tim Hortons on YouTube youtube.com/TimHortons